Feature Photo Courtesy of Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service Battalion Chief Steve Mann
Roof Work Sparks Tar Fire Above Montgomery Village Townhomes
Around 1PM Saturday Afternoon, Montgomery County Firefighters along with firefighters from the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) Fire Department responded to the 19,000 block of Capehart Drive in Montgomery Village for a reported townhouse fire.
Firefighters arrived to find residents advising everyone was safely outside, but there was a working fire on the roof of their row of townhomes.
Firefighters used extension ladders and ladder trucks to access the roof and found a small fire, which MCFRS Spokesman Pete Piringer tweeted had been sparked by hot tar from roof work.
Battalion Fire Chief Steve Mann, who was on scene, reported that all firefighters were clearing the scene as of 1:40PM after extinguishing what he described as a small fire on the roof. No injuries were reported.