Per Federal Realty:
This will be the first Washington, DC Metro region location for California lifestyle brand Jenni Kayne. Allbirds will bring its New Zealand-American global lifestyle brand and family owned Faherty, its clothes made from premium fabrics with “gotta-feel-it-to-believe-it softness.” “As Bethesda Row celebrated 25 years in 2019, we really wanted to turn up the volume on the collection of retail and restaurant experiences people have come to expect from this storied neighborhood, said Stuart Biel, Senior Vice President with Federal. “We’re excited by what we’ve been able to deliver over the past 18 months, with more to come in 2022, including property improvements alongside best-in-class retail.”
The three stores, which will be located between Levain Bakery and Apple, join a premium lineup of recently opened or soon to be opened retail, spa/services, and dining destinations in the neighborhood including:
- Chaia, a fast casual restaurant featuring plant-powered tacos, open
- GLOSSLAB a hygiene-first, membership-based nail studio, opening soon
- gorjana a popular Southern California based jewelry brand, open
- Heyday a modern facial shop, open
- Ladurée Paris the Parisian café and pastry shop, opening soon
- Levain a bakery featuring iconic six-ounce cookies, open
- Madewell, a popular retailer featuring its signature women and men’s denim, opening soon
- PLANTA a destination for innovative plant-based cuisine, opening this month
- Salt & Sundry, a popular Washington, D.C. home + lifestyle boutique, pop-up open
- The Salt Line, the popular New England-style fish house, opening soon
- Simon Pearce, a retailer offering gifts, glassware, tableware, lighting and home décor retailer, opening soon
- Wylie Grey a high-end women’s multi-brand retailer, open
“We are always on the search for sought-after restaurants, retailers and service providers for the neighborhood, and these stores will be an excellent addition to Bethesda Row,” said Vanessa Mendoza, Senior Director with Federal. “They offer an attractive merchant mix for the Bethesda community and visitors to enjoy.”
About Jenni Kayne:
Jenni Kayne is a California lifestyle brand that inspires women to live well every day. From wardrobe essentials to all the things that make a house a home, we create effortless staples without sacrificing style or comfort. With a focus on inviting neutrals, quality construction, and attention to detail, our pieces stand the test of time.
Allbirds is a global lifestyle brand that innovates the naturally derived materials to make better footwear and apparel products in a better way, while treadling light on the planet. Our story began with superfine New Zealand merino wool and since evolved to include a eucalyptus tree fiber knit fabric and sugar-based EVA foam (SweetFoam®.) We use our materials to create differentiated products so that our customer does not have to comprise between looking good, feeling good and doing good. Today, we serve customers across 35 countries through our e-commerce platform and Allbirds retail stores globally, with location in the US, UK, Europe, New Zealand, China, Japan, South Korea.
Faherty is a family-run business fueled by purpose and optimism. Our goal: to build a new American legacy by creating high-quality, sustainably-minded, feel-good favorites that will bring you joy to wear.
About Bethesda Row, a Federal neighborhood:
Bethesda Row is located in Montgomery County at the intersection of Bethesda Avenue and Arlington Road in Bethesda, Md. Celebrating 25 years in 2019, the Bethesda Row neighborhood is home to best in class restaurants and retail with a total of 536,000 square feet of mixed-use space. For additional information about Bethesda Row, visit www.bethesdarow.com