A $100,000 winning Powerball ticket sold at Steve’s Beer, Wine & Deli (12132 Darnestown Road, Gaithersburg) and a $50,000 winning ticket sold at 3 Star Beer & Wine (18524 Woodfield Road, Gaithersburg) remain unclaimed as of Friday, November 4, according to the Maryland Lottery. The tickets were purchased for the Wednesday, November 2nd drawing. Saturday’s Powerball drawing now has an estimated jackpot of $1.6 billion, with a cash value of $782.4 million, making it the highest lottery jackpot in U.S. history.
See: Seven Things to Know for Saturday’s $1.6 Billion Powerball Drawing
Per MD Lottery: The Powerball jackpot for the Saturday, Nov. 5 drawing is now the largest in U.S. lottery history, with an estimated annuity value of $1.6 billion. The cash option is $782.4 million. At $1.6 billion, Saturday’s jackpot surpasses the $1.586 billion Powerball prize that was won in January 2016 and split between three winning tickets sold in California, Florida and Tennessee. If nobody wins the jackpot in the Nov. 5 drawing, the next drawing on Monday, Nov. 7 will carry an estimated jackpot of $1.9 billion.
The largest jackpot win in Maryland to date is the $731.1 million Powerball ticket from January 2021 in Lonaconing, Allegany County. Maryland has seen two other Powerball jackpot winning tickets: $128.8 million in December 2011 (Elkton, Cecil County) and $108.8 million in September 2011 (Abingdon, Harford County).
The current Powerball jackpot roll began in early August, and there have been 39 consecutive drawings without a jackpot winner. Every drawing produces many winning tickets at the lower prize tiers, which range from $4 to $1 million, and in Maryland there have been 37 winning tickets sold during the jackpot roll that are worth $50,000 or more. Eight such prizes from the Nov. 2 drawing remain unclaimed:
- $1 million — Cross Keys Exxon, 4434 Falls Road, Baltimore City
- $100,000 — Sheetz #713, 10505 Sharpsburg Pike, Hagerstown (Washington County)
- $100,000 — Steve’s Beer, Wine & Deli, 12132 Darnestown Road, Gaithersburg (Montgomery County)
- $100,000 —Wawa #556, 12502 Ocean Gateway, Ocean City (Worcester County)
- $50,000 — 3 Star Beer & Wine, 18524 Woodfield Road, Gaithersburg (Montgomery County)
- $50,000 — 7-Eleven #19925, 14215 Jarrettsville Pike, Phoenix (Baltimore County)
- $50,000 — 500 Fredric / Carroll Motor Fuels, 500 Frederick Road, Catonsville (Baltimore County)
- $50,000 — Brentwood Liberty, 3730 Rhode Island Avenue, Brentwood (Prince George’s County)
Winners have 182 days from the date of the drawing to claim prizes. Instructions on claiming prizes in person or by mail are available HERE. Players must redeem prizes larger than $25,000 by mail or at Lottery headquarters in the Montgomery Park Business Center, 1800 Washington Blvd., Suite 330 in Baltimore. The Lottery’s Claims Center in Baltimore is open by appointment only (no walk-ins). Click HERE to schedule an appointment.