In last week’s Montgomery County Board of Education meeting, funds were approved for the reopening of the former Charles W. Woodward High School (located on Old Georgetown Road).
Currently, the schedule is at the “Woodward Phase 1 Construction” stage, as HESS construction is in the “site preparation” phase, working towards the the construction of the new school building, which starts this month. The recently demolished building was previously home to Tilden Middle School.
The latest revisions of the plans includes an area reduction and the reduction of student capacity from 2,700 to 2,160.
The first phase of construction is scheduled to be complete by September of 2023, when the new building will serve as a holding school for Northwood High School as Northwood gets an addition and whole-facility upgrade.
Phase II construction will take place during the 2023-2024 and 2024-2025 school years and will be ready for Woodward High School to reopen officially for the 2025-2026 school year.
There will be a community meeting held this Tuesday, September 14th at 6:30 on Zoom to provide more information for anyone interested.
Zoom Video Conference Call
Phase II Work Session 1 Zoom Meeting Information
- Meeting ID: 861 1005 0152
- Passcode: 221545
- Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android:
If the LINK does not work, copy/paste into internet browser.
- One tap mobile:
- +13126266799,,86110050152#,,,,*221545# US (Chicago)
- +16465588656,,86110050152#,,,,*221545# US (New York)
- Or join by phone:
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kYtnCxaMX