Maryland came in 2nd in the nation in a report by personal-finance website WalletHub that ranks the generosity of states based on charitable behavior.
To determine where the most generous Americans are inspiring others to be more selfless, WalletHub compared the 50 states based on 19 key indicators of charitable behavior. The data set ranges from the volunteer rate to the share of income donated to the share of sheltered homeless.
Generosity in Maryland (1=Most Charitable; 25=Avg.):
- 9th – Charities per Capita
- 10th – % of Donated Income
- 26th – % of Population Who Donated Time
- 1st – % of Population Who Donated Money
- 24th – % of Population Collecting/Distributing Food
- 13th – Volunteer Rate
- 4th – Volunteer Hours per Capita
For the full report, please visit: