Here’s what we know (or think we know):
So what will move into the Shoppers or Giant location?
Here’s a list of everything we’ve heard, and I can tell you that there has been a new rumor each week.
• Target. I can’t see it happening in the Shoppers location because it’s too small and would likely cause TJ Maxx and Home Goods to close.
• Trader Joe’s. I’ve heard this one a lot, and it would be able to slide into either location.
• Wegmans. With the new Rockville location announced, are they really going to bring another new location to the area?
• Dick’s Sporting Goods. This one was brought up a little more recently and would be an interesting fit in the area, as there’s not a sporting goods store nearby and Olney has plenty of youth sports.
• Movie theater. Olney 9 has been gone for about a decade, but the reviews for the theater were terrible during its final years. Would someone bring something back that already failed in the area? Times have changed, so it remains a possibility.
• Civic center. In 2005, the Olney Master Plan was approved. It called for the creation of “a civic center in the Town Center through redevelopment of a major shooping center.” Could this be it?
• Aldi. Trader Joe’s is a subsidiary of Aldi Nord, so if the company was looking at the space they’d likely speak with Aldi Süd (operating in the U.S. as Aldi) about which store is a better fit.
I’ve received information from people “in the know” and from people who have inside sources, but the information I’ve received (all above), has been different from almost every source… so I wouldn’t bet on anything.
As soon as we receive some concrete news, we’ll have it posted right here on The MoCoShow.
We’re bringing basketball and volleyball to a court near you, Silver Spring! Check out these two social sport favorites starting up at Sligo Middle School this winter: Basketball on Mondays…
MCPS Systemwide Athletics Director Dr. Jeff Sullivan has been elected as the new president of the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association (MPSSAA).
Chick-fil-A in Germantown had plans to temporarily close its doors for approximately two weeks for renovations starting December 9th at 3pm, but those plans were pushed back during a December…
The last remaining Romano’s Macaroni Grill in the DMV is now expected to be replaced by Lazy Dog, according to a BizJournals report. Macaroni Grill, located at 5925 Kingstowne Towne…
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!