The potential threats of Hurricane Florence sparked fear of cancelling earlier in the week, but it no longer looks like wind will be an issue later this week and into the weekend.Poolesville Celebrates 26th Annual Poolesville Day With Thousands of Visitors to the Agricultural Reserve****
Poolesville Day Includes Parade, Food Vendors, Fun Activities for Kids and 80s Tribute Band
Note: Members of the media who would like to attend and schedule on-site interviews are asked to make arrangements in advance with the media contact listed above.
WHEN: Saturday, September 15, 2018
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Rain or Shine
WHAT: Town of Poolesville, Maryland, is hosting its 26thannual Poolesville Day. This charming small town in Western Montgomery County is welcoming more than 12,000 visitors from District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. This year, 80’s tribute bandThe Reagan Yearshas been added to the festival lineup.
19701 Fisher Avenue
Poolesville, MD 20837
Poolesville Day Highlights:
- 8:00 a.m. – 5k race (walk/run) sponsored by Poolesville Area Chamber of Commerce
- 10:00 a.m. – Historic Poolesville Day Parade; Former Town Commissioner, Link Hoewing is the Grand Marshal; guest appearance by the Washington Nationals Mascots – George Washington and Screech
- Day-long activities:
- Local Entertainment; featuring Live on Stage: The Reagan Years, Soul Island Rebels, FUSE, Karousel, No Stop Light, Semi-Hollow, and Touch of Grey
- Classic Car Show
- National Drive Electric Week car show sponsored by Poolesville Green
- Falcon Lane featuring local school groups supporting the award-winning Poolesville schools, including the top U.S.-ranked Poolesville High School
- Various family-friendly activities, including moon bounce, carnival rides, pony rides, and face painting
- Over 150 artisans, exhibitors, service and food vendors
For more information about Poolesville Day, visit www.poolesvilleday.com.Go to the Town’s website for details on the celebrations at www.poolesvillemd.gov or call (301) 428-8927. Follow the Town for year-round news on Twitter at: @Poolesville_MD.
On December 4, at approximately 8:44 pm, Takoma Park Police responded to the 1100 block of University Blvd for an armed robbery that occurred outside of a bank.
Celtic Cup Coffee, a Maryland Cottage Business, will be expanding to open a roaster and tasting room according to a report by Maryland Newsletters.
Planners release report on current conditions for plan focused on Clarksburg communities between I-270 and MD 355
At its December 5, 2023 business meeting, the Montgomery County Board of Education approved the school year calendar for 2024–2025.
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!