Notes from Governor Hogan’s 2/23 Press Conference
The notes below are paraphrased:
• MD has entered into agreements with UMD and Johns Hopkins to double the state’s surveillance of coronavirus variants to more than 10% of cases, which is the level recommended by public health experts.
• Testing for variants is higher than most other states.
• Fourth mass-vaccination site is opening at Regency Furniture Stadium in Charles County by March 11th (FEMA supported site)
• Next month an appointment pre-registration system for the state-run mass vaccination sites will be available.
• An executive order has been issued clarifying that face coverings are required for anyone over the age of five in any area of a school setting where interaction with others is likely.
• Be aware of fraud surrounding Covid vaccinations. Do not provide payment or social security number to anyone claiming to need the information for a vaccination. You cannot be charged for a vaccine.
• Dr. Chan is providing and update on Maryland’s response to Covid variants. More information from the CDC can be found here.
Potomac Local reports that mega gas station/convenience store Buc-ee’s is looking to open its first location in the Greater Washington area.
The Montgomery County Council will meet on Tuesday, March 5 at 9:45am. Full agenda below courtesy Montgomery County:
Veteran news anchors Shawn Yancy and Tony Perkins have anchored their first newscast together in six years. The pair will continue to do so all week on News4 at 5pm…
Signature Dish, a television program on WETA PBS that discovers and reveals the standout dishes at a wide array of the region’s best restaurants, will feature Rockville food truck Fire…