Per the City of Gaithersburg:
Investigation of Commercial Burglary & Suspicious Situations
City Police & MCFRS are investigating a series of suspicious situations that occurred Oct. 7.
Detectives from the Gaithersburg Police Department– Investigative Section and the Fire & Explosives Investigators from the Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Services (MCFRS) are investigating a series of suspicious situations that occurred this morning (October 7 between 1 & 2 a.m.) in the Gaithersburg & Montgomery Village areas.
Below is the listed series of events that occurred this morning:
- At 1:20 a.m., MCFRS responded to the Montgomery Village Eye Center located at 18310 Montgomery Village Avenue for the report of a fire that is being investigated as an arson.
- At 1:30 a.m., GPD officers responded to the Jewelry Exchange of Maryland located at 501 N. Frederick Avenue in Gaithersburg for a commercial alarm. Upon arriving, suspects entered the business & removed miscellaneous jewelry.
- At 1:30 a.m., MCFRS responded to the 19500 block of Divot Place in Montgomery Village for the report of a shed/fence fire to the rear of the house.
- At 1:35 a.m., MCFRS responded to the 10000 block of Dellcastle Road in Montgomery Village for the report of a garage fire.
- At 1:42 a.m., MCFRS responded to the 100 block of Watkins Station Circle in Gaithersburg for the report of a vehicle fire. The referenced vehicle was a reported stolen car from the Gaithersburg area & is being investigated as an arson.
- At 2:01 a.m., MCFRS responded to the Galanis Center located at 8 E. Diamond Avenue in Gaithersburg for the report of a commercial fire that is being investigated as an arson.
Detectives & Investigators from both the Gaithersburg Police Department & the Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Services are investigating these incidents together. Anyone with information regarding these exterior/outside-type fires or with information about the commercial burglary are asked to contact the Gaithersburg Police – Investigative Section at 301-258-6400 or the Fire & Explosive Investigators at 240-777-2263.
Thomas Edison High School of Technology is unique among Montgomery County public high schools. Students enrolled in all MCPS comprehensive high schools may apply for enrollment in one of Edison’s…
The Montgomery County Police Department recently launched its Drone as First Responder (DFR) Pilot Program to provide air support to 911 or police generated calls for service in a safe,…
On December 2, at approximately 12:32 am, Takoma Park Police responded to the area of Eastern Avenue and Piney Branch Road for an armed robbery that had just occurred.
Jeannette Reyes has announced that she will be stepping away from the anchor desk after three years at FOX5.