Below you’ll see notes from Governor Larry Hogan’s 10/25 press conference, as tweeted by his Deputy Communications Director, Kata Hall:
• VACCINE UPDATE. Maryland has administered more than 8.3 million COVID-19 vaccines, including:
-98% of Marylanders 65+
-85.9% of Marylanders 18+
-84.9% of all eligible Marylanders 12+
• COVID-19 DATA UPDATE:
-Case rate down 39% since 9/15
-Positivity rate down 37% since 8/22
-Hospitalizations down 28% since 9/9
• COVID-19 BOOSTERS. Maryland has already administered *280,000* booster shots.
With the latest CDC approval for Moderna and J&J, nearly *1.4 million Marylanders* are now eligible to receive a booster shot.
• BOOSTER ELIGIBILITY UPDATE. Marylanders who fall into the following categories are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster shot:
• MIX AND MATCH. Eligible Marylanders can choose *any* vaccine as a booster shot, even if it is different from what you received initially.
• ELIGIBILITY PORTAL. To help Marylanders determine their eligibility for a booster, we have launched a new portal on covidvax.maryland.gov where you can enter your information and get clear guidance.
• The data does show that the level of protection does begin to wane over time, especially for those who are immunocompromised or have comorbidities.
Since May, we have gradually seen an increase in post-vaccination infections:
• More than half of the state’s COVID deaths over the last month are linked to hypertension and diabetes.
Cancer, obesity, and chronic lung disease are other leading comorbidities among COVID deaths in Maryland.
• State health officials have issued an advisory strongly urging people with comorbidities to get a booster dose as soon as possible.
• Visit covidvax.maryland.gov to find out where boosters are available near you.
• COVID-19 VACCINES FOR 5- TO 11-YEAR-OLDS. With CDC authorization expected as early as next week, the state is now completing final preparations to be able to vaccinate the 515,000 Maryland children who will become immediately eligible.
• Maryland health officials have begun placing orders for an initial 180,000 Pfizer doses for children.
There will be a range of options for getting 5- to 11-year-olds vaccinated, and additional updates will be provided to make sure parents have the information they need.
“More Snow, Chance For Blizzards” – FOX5 “Big Winter” – NBC4 “More snow this winter than any other season over the last 5 years” – ABC7 “Above Average Snowfall For Entire DMV” –…
Per the Maryland Attorney General’s Office: Maryland Attorney General Anthony G. Brown has joined a coalition of 17 other Attorneys General supporting California’s efforts to restrict the capacity of firearms…
Per Montgomery County: “Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich and the Montgomery County Council are recognizing the contributions of Civil Right legend Rosa Parks by proclaiming the month of December as…
Per MCPD: “Detectives from the Montgomery County Department of Police – Financial Crimes Section are investigating an identification fraud and attempted theft that occurred on Friday, November 24, 2023, at…