Fire Caused by Recalled Surge Protector Thursday Evening

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Units were called to the 5100 block of Fairglen Lane, off of Fairfax Rd, in Chevy Chase for small fire at a single family home on Thursday evening.

The fire involved an electrical box that was attached to the outside of the home and was quickly put out by firefighters upon arrival. Connected to the electrical box that caught fire was a Supco surge protector that was previously recalled for its potential to cause fires. There was no extension to the fire,  no additional smoke, and no injuries.

MCFRS warns of the recalled surge protector.

Recent Stories

Calling all coaches, students and parents/caregivers of student athletes: MCPS Athletics and the NCAA Eligibility Center are hosting a virtual information night from 6:30-8 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 4.

Per Montgomery Parks: “Celebrate the holidays with Montgomery Parks! We have birdwatching, winter solstice, New Year’s festivities, and many more activities for the whole family.

St. George Greek Orthodox Church, located at 7701 Bradley Blvd in Bethesda, is hosting its 4th Annual Saint George Christmas Experience and Holiday Bazaar on Saturday, December 2nd.

Courtesy Google Maps

According to Montgomery County Police, “A 20-year-old Capitol Heights man died Tuesday, November 28, 2023, after crashing his car into a parked vehicle on Spruell Drive.


Subscribe to our mailing list