Renovations are coming to Strathmore Local Park in Aspen Hill, thanks to bond bill funding, according to Montgomery Parks. The park will have renovations to the loop trail, upgrades to the courts and fields, and new bike racks, seating, and other amenities. “We’re grateful to Delegate Vaughn Stewart, Delegate Bonnie Cullison, Charlotte Crutchfield – State Delegate for Maryland D19, and Senator Benjamin Kramer for making this project possible.”
A complete list of park projects made possible by the recently secured state funds includes:
- A new 3.5-acre urban park in downtown Bethesda to be located on parts of Parking Lot District lots 10 and 24 as part of the Bethesda Market redevelopment
- A new action sports park which may include a regional-scale skate park, bicycle pump track, climbing wall, parkour/obstacle course, and bicycle skills area at Wheaton Regional Park
- New playground equipment and accessibility improvements at
- Greenwood Local Park
- Laytonsville Local Park
- McKnew Local Park
- Olney Family Neighborhood Park
- Olney Mill Neighborhood Park
- South Germantown Recreational Park
- New skate parks at
- Long Branch-Arliss Neighborhood Park
- Newport Mill Local Park
- Redeveloped adventure playground at South Germantown Recreational Park
- Park improvements including trail renovations, court conversions, water quality enhancements, and ADA improvements, at
- Long Branch Local Park
- Rosemary Hills – Lyttonsville Local Park
- A comprehensive approach to park improvements in the Long Branch area will include new amenities, updating aging infrastructure, playground renovations, court upgrades, new plazas, and seating areas.
- A new and improved bridge on the Long Branch Trail at Clayborne Avenue with environmental restoration.
Time Square Jewelers at 100 Gibbs St Unit E in Rockville has announced it will be closing on December 23, 2023.
Takoma Park Police has announced that following a thorough investigation of a bomb threat at a drag event that was being held at Motorkat on the 6900 block of Laurel…
Detectives from the Special Victims Investigations Division (SVID) is asking for the public’s assistance in locating Genesis Flores, a missing 13-year-old from Silver Spring.
Earlier this year we let you know that Planet Fitness announced it will be opening new locations at 6881 New Hampshire Ave. in Takoma Park (now open) and 2201 Randolph Rd….
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!