Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to a fire in the 3700blk of Kayson St, off Connecticut Avenue, in Wheaton-Glenmont on Tuesday around 11am. According to Chief Spokesperson for MCFRS Pete Piringer, the fire involved two sheds and an aviary shelter/coop. It was originally reported that all animals had escaped unharmed, but we now know that several chickens perished in the fire. The majority of the flock migrated to an attached ‘run’ area. Damage is estimated to be ~$5,000 . Investigators believe the fire began when a lamp fell to floor and ignited bedding materials (for fowls).
Update – R/O Kayson St, coop had a heat lamp hanging from ceiling above area most damaged; Investigators believe a lamp fell to floor, ignited bedding materials (for fowls); Unfortunately several chickens perished in the fire, but majority of flock migrated to attached ‘run’ area https://t.co/J8f2f95x2E pic.twitter.com/KgnLp4rBb3
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) January 24, 2023
Potomac Local reports that mega gas station/convenience store Buc-ee’s is looking to open its first location in the Greater Washington area.
The Montgomery County Council will meet on Tuesday, March 5 at 9:45am. Full agenda below courtesy Montgomery County:
Veteran news anchors Shawn Yancy and Tony Perkins have anchored their first newscast together in six years. The pair will continue to do so all week on News4 at 5pm…
Signature Dish, a television program on WETA PBS that discovers and reveals the standout dishes at a wide array of the region’s best restaurants, will feature Rockville food truck Fire…