The annual Festival of Lights is one of Washington, DC area’s great community traditions.
The tradition continues for the 2020 Christmas season in a modified way, putting safety and health first. Beginning December 11th, the Festival of Lights will open as a drive-through experience.
– Come and see! Temple grounds glow with over 400,000 lights, December 11th through December 28th, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. nightly
– The Festival of Lights driving tour will begin at the entrance of the Washington DC Temple grounds and end at the Temple Visitors’ Center
– Christmas music transmitted over short-range FM radio channel 101.7 to your vehicle
– Two outdoor, life-size nativities
– View the lights from the comfort and safety of your car
Washington DC Temple Visitors’ Center
9900 Stoneybrook Drive
Kensington, Maryland 20895
Driving tour will begin at the entrance to the Temple parking lot and end in the Temple Visitor’s Center parking lot. When necessary, a waiting queue will be in the church parking lot on Stoneybrook Drive, north of the Temple entrance.
Please remain in your car; for your safety and the safety and health of others’, parking and/or exiting cars is not permitted.
Everything is free and you do not need tickets.