As we reported back in October, Lidl at 19225 Montgomery Village Ave in Montgomery Village will be holding it’s grand opening on February 9th. Lidl has announced that a ribbon cutting ceremony will take place at 7:40am that morning and the store will open to the public at 8am.
The first 100 customers to enter the store will receive a free gift card ranging anywhere from $5 to $100. The grocery store will also be handing out free samples of products and doing giveaways.
Full press release below:
ARLINGTON, VA – Lidl US, ranked a top 3 U.S. grocer by USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards, announced today that it will host a grand opening event on Wednesday, February 9, to celebrate its newest store in Montgomery Village, Maryland. The store, located at 19225 Montgomery Village Ave, will hold a ribbon cutting celebration with local leaders at 7:40 a.m. The store, which will operate from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday-Sunday, will offer shoppers incredible daily savings on Lidl’s highly-awarded range of products.
“Our county welcomes Lidl to Montgomery Village, offering a wonderful additional option to the community,” said Montgomery County Councilmember Craig Rice. “As an international company with a reputation for value and quality, we know Lidl will receive a warm, enthusiastic welcome from our residents. We look forward to Lidl’s partnership with our community as well as its much-anticipated success here in Montgomery County.”
Grand Opening Event Details
At the Montgomery Village grand opening, customers will be able to take advantage of get-them-while-you-can grand opening special offers at the new store. The first 100 customers will be presented with a special gift card ranging from $5 to $100 each. Shoppers will have the opportunity to sample some of Lidl’s high-quality products and take advantage of special giveaways.
Lidl has been repeatedly recognized for its shopping experience. For the second consecutive time, Food & Wine Magazine recently ranked Lidl among its Top 10 U.S. Supermarket rankings – ahead of retailers like Trader Joe’s and Costco. A study from UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School observed that prices on Lidl’s award-winning assortment were up to 45 percent lower than nearby national grocers.
When entering the new store, shoppers can also expect to experience the following:
World-Class Shopping Experience
- Shoppers will save time and money each week with Lidl’s award-winning assortment and highly attractive prices.
- The new food market will be a newly fitted-out store with an easy-to-shop layout that will mean a faster and more convenient shop for customers. The U.S. EPA has recognized Lidl stores for their environmentally-friendly designs.
Quality Without Question
- Healthy, responsible choices, including hundreds of organic and gluten free products.
- Unique specialty items ranging from hard-to-find cheeses to authentic specialty sauces, cured meats, and more – all at incredibly affordable prices.
- Award winning foods– Lidl’s private label products have won more than 500 awards.
- The Lidl Love it Guarantee– A logo that guarantees customer satisfaction; shoppers love the product they buy – or they are entitled to a refund, and a replacement.
Surprise and Delight
- Lidl offers an ever-changing selection of food and non-food specials brought in each Wednesday for a limited time, keeping the shopping experience exciting and new. The rotating non-food selection will include fitness gear, small kitchen appliances, toys, outdoor furniture, and more.
Committed to Fresh:
- Lidl produce is brought in fresh each day and features more than 100 high quality fresh fruit and vegetable options at amazingly affordable prices.
- All Lidl flowers are guaranteed fresh and beautiful for five days at a minimum, with roses and lilies guaranteed for seven.
- Lidl’s fresh bakery will greet customers at the entrance of the new store.
Focused On Our People:
- Lidl offers wages and benefits for its team that are above the industry standard in every market in which it operates.
- Lidl offers healthcare coverage to all team members, including those working part-time, regardless of the number of hours worked.
Lidl operates around 11,550 stores and is active in 32 countries, employing more than 341,000 employees globally. Lidl offers customers the highest quality fresh produce, meat, bakery items and a wide array of household products at unbelievably low prices. Lidl first established its U.S. headquarters in Arlington County, Virginia, in June 2015, and today sells its award-winning products in more than 150 stores across nine east coast states. For more information, visit www.Lidl.com.