Hometown Holidays/Taste of Rockville will take place in a new location this year. For the first time, this free festival which features local flavor including two stages of entertainment by local acts, and activities for kids, will take place at Redgate Park (14500 Avery Road), moving away from Rockville Town Square where it has been held for many years.
The event will take place on Saturday, May 28 and Sunday, May 29 between 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Additional information can be seen below:
Taste of Rockville
The Taste of Rockville at Hometown Holidays is presented by and benefits the Rockville Chamber of Commerce and Community Reach of Montgomery County. The Taste of Rockville is open from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy food, specialty beverages and desserts from some of Rockville’s best restaurants. Each ticket is $1.25 and can be purchased at a Taste of Rockville ticket booth. Taste tickets cannot be used at beverage booths or for the kids amusements.
A variety of drinks including water, soda and beverages from Bud Light will be available at two locations throughout Hometown Holidays. There will not be mug sales or refills this year. Beverage booths accept cash, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. Taste of Rockville tickets cannot be used to purchase beverages at these beverage booths.
Hometown Holidays: A Community Gathering features two stages of local and regional entertainment with more than 10 performers covering genres from rock and reggae to pop and blues. The 2022 entertainment lineup will be available mid-April.
Kid’s Entertainment & Amusements
Kid-friendly performances will take place on the Patient First Stage and include music, dance and an animal show.
Stop by the craft tent and create a fun project.
Kid’s rides and inflatables are available for a fee. The kids amusements area is provided by Ultimate Amusements. Tickets and/or all-day wristbands can be purchased on site and are good for the day of purchase only. No refunds/no exchanges/no rain checks. Amusement tickets cannot be used at the Taste of Rockville or at beverage booths, and vice versa.
Sunday Morning Yoga
Bring your mat and a bottle of water and join Thrive Yoga on Sunday, May 29 from 8:30-9:30 a.m. at the Montgomery College Stage for a morning yoga session.
The Sand Dunes
Grab a shovel and bucket, and build a castle in the sand in one of two sand dunes located near each stage.
Snap a picture at one of two unique selfie stations. Don’t forget to post and tag us using #HTH22.
Cornhole & Connect Four
Pair up and play a fun game of cornhole or challenge a friend in giant Connect Four.
Sponsors & Community Groups
Stop by the Community Partners and Sponsors area and talk with organizations who offer services in our community.
- Hometown Holidays: A Community Gathering has moved to RedGate Park, 14500 Avery Road, Rockville, MD 20853
- Bring beach chairs or blankets to ensure comfortable seating. Be considerate so that those around you can see the show too
- No chairs or blankets allowed within 100 feet of the stage.
- Outside, prepared food is permitted
- There will not be mug sales or refills this year
- HTH supports Rockville’s sustainability efforts with onsite recycling
- Most events will take place rain or shine. In case of inclement weather, cancellations will be posted at www.rockvillemd.gov/HTH and www.facebook.com/RockvilleHometownHolidays.com
For the safety of all, please follow these guidelines:
- RedGate Park is smoke and vape free
- No pets, tents, barbecuing or open flames
- No outside alcohol
- No wheeled recreational devices
- No noisemakers, glass containers, drones, laser pointers
- No weapons, illegal substances, explosives
- No throwing footballs, frisbees, baseballs or other projectiles