Yes, it is open, and there are still over forty retailers/shops open for business inside.
A few updates:
- LensCrafters is currently open but will be closing on April 28th. The store will be relocating to a brand new location at rio.
- Claire’s is currently open but will be closing by the end of the month. Claire’s will be relocating to the former site of Grog’s Beer and Wine, located between AT&T and Ashley Furniture Homestore in Gaithersburg Square.
- Metro by T-Mobile did not reopen after Jose Maldonado, an employee at the store, was stabbed to death inside of the mall on February 21. A Rockville man has been arrested for the unprovoked murder.
- Hakky Shoe Repair closed at the beginning of this month after 33 years in business.
- Rita’s Italian Ice’s closed in March.
Latest redevelopment update: WRS Inc., the real estate investment firm based out of South Carolina that purchased the “core” of Lakeforest Mall back in 2019, purchased the mall’s four anchor sites at the beginning of March. Redevelopment of the mall could not begin until all four owners of the anchor stores, and the owner of the mall’s core, came to an agreement, which has stalled potential redevelopment of the mall for years. The four anchor sites (Sears, JC Penney, Lord & Taylor and Macy’s) and their parking lots were not included in the 2019 purchase. Of the four anchor stores, only Macy’s remains open. Additional details here.
Below is a list of what was open, and a few photos, from when we stopped by on April 5th at 11AM:
- Charly’s Philly Steaks
- Kelly’s Cajun Grill
- Nori Japan
- Pollo Campero (the chain is opening a new location at the former site of KFC on 355 in Gaithersburg, it is unknown at this time if this location will remain open)
- 777 Foot Spa
- Allure Jewelers (store closing signs on windows)
- Bath & Bodyworks
- Beautiful U (eyebrows, waxing)
- Best Medicine Rx (theater group)
- Cell Fix (kiosk)
- Central Newsstand
- Champs Sports
- Finish Line (shoes)
- French Perfume
- Home Décor & More
- Jackson Hewitt (likely only open during tax season)
- The Jewel Box (kiosk)
- Photo Forever
- Phone Repair Lab (kiosk)
- Rainbow (clothing)
- Spencer Gifts
- Test America
- Time Out Zone I & II (mini arcades)
- Z Planet
- Walden Jewelers
- AmeriGo (car and RV rentals)
- Braiding Center
- Charile Fashions (clothing)
- Claire’s (closing soon)
- Class Act (prom dresses)
- Essie Allen (clothing)
- JW Event Center (party rentals)
- Lens Crafters (closing soon)
- Macy’s / Macy’s Backstagre
- New Passion Nail Spa
- So What Else (food and resource charity)
- Style One (closed when we stopped by but appears to still be in business)
- Trade My Cell
- USI: United Security Incorporated
The Heights Food Hall at Wisconsin Place in Chevy Chase has announced it will open on Monday, December 11th.
According to the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office (SMCSO) in Southern MD, emergency personnel arrived on the scene of a crash involving a horse and buggy and a vehicle on…
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to a call for a fire at a single family home on the 25300 block of Oak Drive in Damascus at approximately…
Maryland State Police are seeking public assistance as investigators work to identify a man who reportedly fled the scene of a traffic crash that occurred in Montgomery County Friday afternoon.
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!