List of Montgomery County Government Closings on January 1st
Per Montgomery County:
Montgomery County Government will have the following schedule for New Year’s Day, Friday Jan 1, 2021:
- County Offices—Closed.
- State offices and courts—Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
- Libraries—Close at 6 p.m. on Dec. 31. Closed Jan. 1 and 2.
- Alcohol Beverage Services (ABS)—Stores closed Jan. 1.
- Recreation–Aquatic facilities will be closed on Dec. 31 and on Jan. 1. All other Recreation facilities remain closed for COVID-19 safety precautions. Virtual programs are available on the Montgomery County Recreation website.
- Montgomery Parks–Hours extended for open parkways program. Details on open parkways and the department’s holiday operating hours available at MontgomeryParks.org.
- Ride On/ Ride On extRa / Flash Service—Operates on a Sunday schedule on Jan. 1 (click on a route number). View holiday brochure.
- Ride On Flex—Currently not in operation due to COVID-19 health crisis.
- Metrorail and Metrobus – Information available at wmata.com/service/status.
- MARC Train and Commuter Bus–Information available at mta.maryland.gov/marc-holiday-service.
- TRiPS Commuter Store at Silver Spring Transit Center—Closed.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store—Closed.
- Parking at Montgomery County public garages, lots and curbside meters—Normal parking fees and regulations in effect on Dec. 31. Parking will be Free on Jan. 1.
- MCDOT Shared Street’s program—Arlington Road will be open to vehicles.
- Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station—Closes at 3 p.m. on Dec. 31. Closed Jan. 1.
- County-provided refuse/recycling pickup—County-provided trash and recycling collection will not occur on Jan. 1. After the holiday, County-provided recycling and trash collections will slide one day later than normal, with the last collection on Saturday, Jan. 2.