Current Mask Recommendations and Requirements in Montgomery County
Per Montgomery County:
Updated June 30, 2021
Effective July 1, 2021, all State of Maryland face covering requirements are lifted.
Face coverings must be worn
Face coverings are recommended for
- unvaccinated people interacting with others in public spaces.
- children and staff in schools, childcare programs and camps, including school settings and childcare settings. The updated American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) guidelines recommend wearing face coverings:
- indoors when the unvaccinated person will be with those from outside their household (physical distancing also should be maintained);
- outdoors when the unvaccinated person is in large group settings (physical distancing also should be maintained); and
- during indoor and outdoor sports that require close contact, with some exceptions.
- people in congregate settings, like correctional and detention facilities, and homeless shelters.
- people in healthcare-related settings.
Face coverings should fit properly
A face covering is fitted properly when it covers your nose and mouth.
Businesses and workplaces can set face covering policies
Businesses and workplaces can set their own face covering policies, just as they can set a dress code for customers and staff.