MCFRS Respond to House Fire Thursday Morning; One Family Displaced

by Patrick Herron

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to a kitchen fire at a single-family duplex on State Ct., off of Girard St, in Gaithersburg on Thursday morning. According to Chief Spokesperson for MCFRS Pete Piringer, the fire originated from an unattended pot of cooking oil that overheated on the stove. Damage is is estimated to be $100K, including $75k in structure and $25K in contents. Two adults and three children have been displaced. One adult was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries due to smoke inhalation. We will post an update when additional information is available.

Per @mcfrsPIO on Twitter: “Update – State Ct, Gburg; 1 family displaced; Damage $100K, incl $75k structure & $25K contents; Origin/Cause, kitchen, unattended cooking (pot of oil on stove overheated); 2 adults, 3 kids displaced (Staying with family); @MCFRS_EMIHS transported 1 adult, smoke inhalation, NLT”



You may also like

Leave a Comment


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy