For the 2022-2023 school year, Kindergarten registration for MCPS will be online through the ParentVUE portal starting March 28.
All elementary schools with kindergarten classes offer a full-day kindergarten program (there are six elementary schools that do not serve grades K-2.)
Per the MCPS website:
4-Step Registration Process
Children age 5 by September 1 on the first day of school are eligible for enrollment.
Age and Attendance Requirements
Contact International Admissions and Enrollment at 240-740-4500 to begin the enrollment process when:
- The student is age 7 or older by September 1 and has not attended school within the U.S. or a U.S. accredited school (i.e., Department of Defense school or an accredited American International school in a foreign country) within the past two years, or
- The student does not live with a parent or legal guardian.
How would you Like to Register?
- You will need to create a ParentVue account here.
- If you have questions about online registration, here are helpful tips on how to Get Started with Kindergarten Online Registration
- Paper Forms
- Please contact your school directly. You can determine which school is assigned to your address by using the School Assignment Locator.
- Proof of Residency
- Birth documents
- Health Forms
Parents registering their children for the first time in a Montgomery County public school must provide proof of county residency, identity, age and immunizations, unless homeless. Required immunizations must be completed within 20 days of registration.
Students who have previously attended school should bring their latest report card, if available. Students receiving special education services should bring a copy of the current Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Making an Appointment
Kindergarten Orientation programs were typically held in each elementary school in the spring of each year. For the 2022-2023 school year, registration sessions will be held in person beginning March 28, 2022. Schools will hold Kindergarten Orientation sessions during the summer. Schools will share further information about Kindergarten Orientation with families who have registered their children for kindergarten.
Families moving into Montgomery County during the sum¬mer should register their children as soon as possible. School offices are open year-round. It is recommended that you contact the school and schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
MCPS has boundaries that determine your child’s home school. To determine which school serves your neighborhood, use the School Assignment Tool. You can also call the Boundary Information Line at 240-314-4700, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., Monday–Friday.
Families who have elected to register for kindergarten online should expect to receive a confirmation email from the school in about a week, depending on the volume of registrations being processed.
2. Enrollment ConfirmationFamilies who have elected to register for kindergarten online should expect to receive a confirmation email from the school in about a week, depending on the volume of registrations being processed.