The Maryland State Highway Administration District 3 has developed a proposal in response to safety concerns raised by residents, the Mayor, and Councilmember Dyballa, for MD 410 Ethan Allen Avenue and Elm Avenue in Takoma Park.
The proposal would restrict travel at the intersection in the following ways:
- allowing only right turns onto Elm Avenue for vehicles traveling on Ethan Allen Avenue in either direction
- left turns from Ethan Allen onto Elm Avenue would not be allowed in either direction
- through traffic across Ethan Allen Avenue from either side of Elm Avenue would not be allowed
- Signage would be installed near Prince Georges Avenue and Elm Avenue notifying drivers that vehicles cannot exit onto Ethan Allen Ave
- Signage would be installed on the south side of the traffic circle at Elm Avenue and Lincoln Avenue, notifying drivers that vehicles cannot exit onto Ethan Allen Ave