City Manager Rob DiSpirito is scheduled to present his proposed Fiscal Year 2024 operating budget and Capital Improvements Program on Monday, Feb. 27, followed by Mayor and Council public hearings and work sessions in March and April. For information about how to testify at hearings, find agendas, posted the week before each date at www.rockvillemd.gov/AgendaCenter.
Public participation in the budget process is a high priority for the Mayor and Council and city staff. A community budget priorities survey is available in English, simplified Chinese, French, Korean and Spanish, at www.rockvillemd.gov/budget. The survey allows community members to identify their budget priorities and options for maintaining a balanced budget. Survey responses provide valuable input to the Mayor and Council for their budget discussions.
The $148.8 million budget for Fiscal Year 2023, which began July 1, keeps the city’s real property tax rate of $0.292 per $100 of assessed valuation the same. All residential and commercial property owners pay this tax. Rockville has not increased its property tax rate since 1995. For more information, visit www.rockvillemd.gov/budget or call the Finance Department at 240-314-8400.
FY 2024 Budget Calendar:
- Monday, Feb. 27: Presentation of city manager’s proposed FY24 operating budget and Capital Improvements Program.
- Monday, March 6: Public hearing and work session.
- Monday, March 20: Work session.
- Monday, April 17: Public hearing and work session.
- Friday, April 21: Close of budget survey and budget public record.
- Monday, May 1: Work session.
- Monday, May 8: Adoption of the FY24 operating budget and Capital Improvements Program.
- Saturday, July 1: FY24 begins.
Note: Budget calendar dates are subject to change.