6/8 Update from Pete Piringer of MCFRS: Aspenwood Ct, Gburg; Cause, ignition sequence began from (overloaded) fireplace overheating & venting out of metal box (extended to wood framing & to attic); Area of Origin, wood framed chimney (metal flue); Damage, $350K; 4 adults 1 child displaced
Aspenwood Ct. Fire in Montgomery Village Leaves Family of 5 and Dozens of Pets Displaced
Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer reports that a fire on 9500 block of Aspenwood Ct in Montgomery Village has left a family of five displaced. Dogs, hamsters, and dozens of rabbits were also evacuated from the property.
The fire occurred around 5PM on Monday evening and there are no injuries reported.
Photo courtesy of @knapplynda6 on Instragram
Update – 9500blk Aspenwood Ct, Montgomery Village, arriving @mcfrs FFs encountered fire coming from roof, FFs assisted many dogs & few hamsters from house, dozens of rabbits were sheltered in place (in garage), family of 5 got out & will be displaced, ~55FFs on scene, no injuries https://t.co/jeSJJJH5MG pic.twitter.com/PckclvF0ch
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) June 7, 2021