Per Montgomery County:
We will offer COVID-19 vaccine doses to children ages 5 to 11 beginning Thursday, November 4. Appointments are required.
The vaccine is being distributed to local health departments, private medical practices, and pharmacies in Maryland.
Two thirds of the doses will be provided by pharmacies and health care providers and about one third will be provided by the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) .
Residents are encouraged to take advantage of the numerous sources that are providing vaccinations.
We received our first doses this week and we will continue to get more doses weekly. Initially, the number of doses will be limited so we urge parents to be patient. We will not be able to vaccinate every eligible child immediately. Check with your health care provider to see if they are offering vaccinations.
We estimate that we have more than 100,000 children in the age 5 to 11 group. It will take some time to fully vaccinate every eligible child who wants it.
Children ages 5 to 11 will get 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, 3 weeks apart. The pediatric vaccine is specially packaged and is NOT interchangeable with the Pfizer used for first, second and booster doses for those older than 12 years of age.
Many locations will offer children’s appointments
Check with your child’s health care provider
Check with your child’s health care provider. Many pediatricians, family medicine physicians, pharmacies and large retailers will offer vaccine appointments.
Check community run clinics
Starting Friday, November 5, 2021, our DHHS clinics will offer appointments for 5 to 11 year olds from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
You must make an appointment for your child to get their COVID-19 vaccine at a community clinic. We cannot accept walk-ups—no exceptions. We plan our clinics’ vaccine supply so no leftover doses are wasted at the end of the day.
If you need help making your child’s appointment, call the COVID-19 Call Center at 240-777-2982 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.).
Make a community clinic appointmentThese community clinics will offer appointments for children ages 5 to 11:
Our children’s clinics will have vaccine doses for children ages 5-11. They will not have the doses needed for other age groups. We will cancel children’s clinic appointments for anyone age 12 and older, including parents and older siblings.
Prepare for your child’s appointment
Have your child wear clothing with easy access to their upper arm. We will ask them to roll up their sleeve for their vaccine dose.
Arrive no more than 15 minutes early for your child’s appointment. Every child with an appointment is guaranteed to get their vaccination during the clinic they registered for.
More doses are coming
If you cannot get an appointment right away, please be patient. More vaccine will be coming to our health department (DHHS), as well as more providers, retailers, and pharmacies in the coming weeks.
When more vaccine doses are available, we will work with Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) to host clinics at some schools. These school clinics will offer evening and weekend hours.
Local health care providers with doses for ages 5 to 11
- Access Now Urgent Care
- AccessAbility MedCare, LLC
- Advanced Neighborhood Pediatrics, LLC – Clarksburg
- Advanced Neighborhood Pediatrics, LLC – Silver Spring
- Bethesda Pediatrics
- Brookville Pharmacy and Wellness Center
- Capital City Primary and Immediate Care
- Capitol Medical Group
- Casa Ruben, Inc.
- Coleman Pediatrics
- Complete Care For Kids
- Discovery Pediatrics, LLC – 600 Doses
- Friendship Pediatrics, PA
- Green Pharmacy LLC
- Hashim S. Hashim, MD
- Hirsch Pediatrics
- Holy Cross Hospital – Germantown
- Horizon Pediatric, Inc.
- International Pediatrics, PA – Gaithersburg
- John Choi, MD PC
- Kaiser Permanente – Gaithersburg Medical Center
- Kelly Goodman, NP and Associates, PC
- Kenwood Pediatrics Center
- Maryland Pediatric Care LLC
- Medstar Medical Group at Forest Hill
- MedStar Medical Group Pediatrics at Olney
- Midtown Pharmacy
- Montgomery Medical Clinic – KESSOUS
- Olney Pediatrics
- Park Pediatrics – Takoma Park
- Pediatric and Adolescent Care of Silver Spring
- Pediatric and Adolescent Care, PA
- Pediatric Associates of Montgomery County, PA – Olney
- Pediatric Associates of Montgomery County, PA – Rockville
- Pediatric Associates of Montgomery County, PA – Silver Spring
- Pediatric Associates of Montgomery County, PA – Wheaton
- Pediatric Care
- Pediatric Care Center
- Potomac Valley Pediatrics
- Prime Pediatrics
- Privia MG – Abdow Friendship Pediatrics
- Privia MG – Marshak Medical Group
- Procare Pharmacy and Cosmetic Beauty System, LLC
- Rainbow Pediatric Clinic
- Rehoboth Medical Center LLC
- Right Care Pediatrics
- Saba Pediatric Medicine, LLC
- Shady Grove Pediatric Associates
- Silver Spring Pediatrics
- Smita Parikh Mengers, MD FAAP
- Spring Pediatrics, Inc
- Sunshine Pediatrics
- Theodore F Wells-Green, MD
- Toseg Medical Center
- Virgo-Carter Pediatrics
- Washington International Pediatrics
- White Oak Pediatrics – Gaithersburg
- White Oak Pediatrics – Silver Spring
- Wonder Years Pediatrics
- Xpress Pediatrics Urgent Care Center