Two adults and a one pet are displaced after their home on Falls Bridge Lane in Potomac caught fire on Thursday around 3:30pm.
The cause of the fire appears to be combustibles too close to/malfunction with the chimney, according to Chief Spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Pete Piringer.
The fire originated in the homes basement fireplace and caused around $300,000 in damages. Around 75 firefighters responded to the incident.
Update – 9208 Falls Bridge La, Potomac; 2-sty SFD; Cause, combustibles too close/malfunction, chimney; Area of Origin, basement fireplace, extension to attic; Damage ~$300K; smoke alarms present/functional; 2 adult occupants & 1 pet got out, no injury; ~75 FFs responded https://t.co/J7prStEXnL pic.twitter.com/uud34YkwJq
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) December 24, 2021