Notes Governor Hogan’s 3/23 Press Conference
Governor Hogan announced in today’s press conference that MoCo will be getting its mass vaccination site at Montgomery College- Germantown as previously mentioned by local elected officials.
The MC-Germantown site will be ready the week of April 5th.
Our regular note-taker for this meeting was unavailable, so the notes below come from Governor Hogan’s Deputy Communications Director, Kara Hall.
• Today the State of Maryland entered Phase 2A of our #COVID19 vaccine plan.
• VACCINE UPDATE. Maryland has administered 2,252,974 COVID-19 vaccines and is averaging 43,882 shots per day.
More than 70% of all Marylanders over 65 have been vaccinated, and nearly 35% of all Marylanders over 18 have been vaccinated.
• VACCINE EQUITY TASK FORCE. 55 missions have been completed or are being completed, and they have rolled out mobile clinics for hard-to-reach areas.
Holding clinics nearly every day, and we are seeing significant increases in vax rate in the hardest-hit zip codes.
• PHASE 2B UPDATE. The governor announces that Phase 2B, which begins one week from today on 3/30, will be expanded to include all Marylanders 16 and older with disabilities.
• Pre-registration for all those eligible under Phase 2B begins TODAY. More than 150,000 Marylanders have already successfully pre-registered on the new state website.
• MASS VAX SITES. The governor announces the launch of 6 additional mass vaccination sites next month, for a total of 12 by the end of April.
• Week of April 5:
-Timonium Fairgrounds site in Baltimore County will transition to mass vax site
-New mass vax site at Montgomery College in Germantown
• Week of April 12:
-New mass vax sites in Anne Arundel County and Frederick County
• By the end of April:
-New mass vax sites in Howard County and Harford County