In an update to yesterday’s fire on the 3900 block of Denfeld Ave in Kensington, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) have determined that improperly discarded smoking materials and cardboard boxes on the deck were the cause of a fire that caused approximately $60K in damages. One adult suffered minor injuries trying to move the cardboard boxes away from the house.
Monday’s report: Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to a fire in the 3900blk of Denfeld Ave, near Brandywine Street, in Kensington on Monday, November 28 around 8am. According to Chief Spokesperson for MCFRS Pete Piringer, the fire appeared to have started on the exterior (deck) and extended to the house. The fire has been extinguished and all occupants are out of the home. EMS is transporting one adult (civilian) with non-life threatening injuries. We will post an update when more information becomes available.
Update (11/28 ~745a) 3900blk DENFELD AV, Kensington; Origin & Cause, cardboard boxes on exterior deck n/t house, improperly discarded smoking materials; Damage, .$60K; 2 adults displaced; 1 adult injured/minor burns trying to move burning cardboard boxes away from house https://t.co/M2dLIPq5hi pic.twitter.com/ipmGBVCPah
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) November 29, 2022