The White Flint Pike District project provides the new construction and reconstruction of highways and arterial roads including their intersections and the major relocations of the affected utilities within White Flint District. The vision for the White Flint District is to improve sidewalks, bikeways, trails, paths, public use space, parks and recreational facilities, mixed-use development, and enhanced streetscape and transit-oriented development around the Metro station.
Construction operations on the following roadways are complete:
- Old Georgetown Road north of the Nicholson Lane/Tilden Lane intersection to MD 355 (Rockville Pike)
- Executive Boulevard between the signalized entrance to 6000/6001 Executive Boulevard and Towne Road.
- Banneker Avenue from Old Georgetown Road to Grand Park Avenue.
- Grand Park Avenue from Banneker Avenue to Old Georgetown Road.
- The improvements at the intersection of Executive Boulevard and Marinelli Road are also finished.