Montgomery County Government Holiday Schedule
Below is the Montgomery County Government’s schedule for December 25th and January 1st courtesy of montgomerycountymd.gov
For Immediate Release: Monday, December 21, 2020
Montgomery County Government will have the following schedules for the Christmas holiday on Friday, Dec. 25, and New Year’s Day, Friday Jan 1, 2021:
- County Offices—Closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- State offices and courts—Closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
- Libraries—Close at 6 p.m. on Dec. 24 and 31. Closed Dec. 25 and 26 and Jan. 1 and 2.
- Alcohol Beverage Services (ABS)—Stores closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- Recreation–Aquatic facilities will be closed on Dec. 24, 25 and 31 and on Jan. 1. All other Recreation facilities remain closed for COVID-19 safety precautions. Virtual programs are available on the Montgomery County Recreation website.
- Montgomery Parks–Hours extended for open parkways program. Details on open parkways and the department’s holiday operating hours available at MontgomeryParks.org.
- Ride On/ Ride On extRa / Flash Service—Operates from the route endpoints until 10 p.m.; Runs starting from the endpoints after 10 p.m. will not operate on Dec. 24. Operates on a Sunday schedule on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 (click on a route number). View holiday brochure.
- Ride On Flex—Currently not in operation due to COVID-19 health crisis.
- Metrorail and Metrobus – Information available at wmata.com/service/status.
- MARC Train and Commuter Bus–Information available at mta.maryland.gov/marc-holiday-service.
- TRiPS Commuter Store at Silver Spring Transit Center—Will close early on Dec. 24, with hours from 6 a.m.-5 p.m. Closed on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store—Hours will be shortened on Dec. 24, from 6-11:45 a.m. Closed on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- Parking at Montgomery County public garages, lots and curbside meters—Normal parking fees and regulations in effect on Dec. 24 and Dec. 31. Parking will be Free on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- MCDOT Shared Street’s program—Arlington Road will be open to vehicles.
- Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station—Closes at 3 p.m. on Dec. 24; closed Dec. 25. Closes at 3 p.m. on Dec. 31. Closed Jan. 1.
- County-provided refuse/recycling pickup—County-provided trash and recycling collection will not occur on Dec. 25. After the holiday, County-provided recycling and trash collections will slide by one day later than normal, with last collection on Saturday, Dec. 28. County-provided trash and recycling collection will not occur on 1. After the holiday, County-provided recycling and trash collections will slide one day later than normal, with the last collection on Saturday, Jan. 2.