Montgomery County Government Schedule for Labor Day
For Immediate Release: Wednesday, September 1, 2021
The Montgomery County Government will observe the following schedule changes for the Labor Day holiday on Monday, Sept. 6:
- County offices – Closed.
- State offices and courts – Closed.
- Libraries – Closed.
- County-operated COVID-19 vaccination and testing centers, and the County-operated COVID-19 call center—Closed Sunday, Sept. 5, and Monday, Sept. 6.
- Alcohol Beverage Services (ABS) – All stores open from noon-5 p.m.
- Ride On and Flash Service – Operating on Sunday schedule(click on a route number).
- Ride On Flex – In service; Ride On extRa – Not in service
- Metrorail and Metrobus – Information available here.
- MARC Train and Commuter Bus – Information available at maryland.gov/memorial-day-service-2021.
- TRiPS Commuter Storeat Silver Spring Transit Center – Open 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store– Closed.
- Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters – Free.
- County-provided refuse/recycling pickup—Trash and recycling will not be collected by County-operated service on Monday, Sept. 6. After the holiday, County-provided recycling and trash collections will slide to be collected one day later than normal. Collections will be completed on the weekend of Sept. 11.
- Shady Grove Transfer Station and Recycling Center, and the County administrative office, will be closed.
- County aquatics programs and facilities open. (Note: the Germantown Indoor and Martin Luther King Swim Centers are closed for annual maintenance. The Upper County Outdoor Pool has closed for the season.)
- All recreation centers, senior centers and administrative offices will be closed.
- Montgomery Parks—Visit MontgomeryParks.org. Additional information:
Open Parkways schedule:
- Portions of Sligo Creek Parkway, Beach Drive and Little Falls Parkway will be open to pedestrians and bicyclists for exercise and recreation.
Open to pedestrians and bicyclists (closed to motor vehicles) from 9 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 3, to 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 7:
- Sligo Creek Parkway
- Old Carroll Avenue to Piney Branch Road (1.1 miles)
- Forest Glen Road to University Boulevard West (1.5 miles)
- Beach Drive from Connecticut Avenue to Knowles Avenue (2.7 miles)
- Open to pedestrians and bicyclists (closed to motor vehicles), from 7 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 4, to 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 7: Little Falls Parkway from River Road to Arlington Road (1 mile)
Final weekend for some seasonal amenities:
- South Germantown SplashPark and Mini-Golf: Open daily from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. through Monday, Sept. 6,
- Lake Needwood Boat rentals open from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 4, and Sunday, Sept. 5.
- Black Hills Boat Rentals open from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 3, through Sunday, Sept. 5.
Additional facilities open during the holiday weekend include:
- Parks, trails, gardens, playgrounds, dog parks, skate parks, outdoor exercise stations, and outdoor tennis/pickleball and basketball courts* open daily sunrise to sunset. (*select outdoor courts are available for rental).
- The in-line hockey rink at Ridge Road Recreational Parkand street hockey/futsal rink at Dewey Local Park may be permitted, or are available first-come, first serve if not reserved.
- Picnic shelters and campfire rings are available for rental at several locations.
- Little Bennett Campground.
- Cabin John Miniature Train and Wheaton Miniature Train and Carousel from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Wheaton Indoor Tennis Center from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday Closed on Monday, Sept. 6.
- Pauline Betz Addie Tennis Center Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Closed on Monday, Sept. 6.
- South Germantown Driving Range.
- Brookside Gardens grounds open daily sunrise-sunset, Visitor Center and Gift Shop open daily 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Conservatory open daily 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Josiah Henson Museum and Park Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Closed on Monday, Sept. 6. Timed entry tickets required.
- Woodlawn Manor Cultural Park Museum and Visitor Center. Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
The following facilities will be closed on Monday, Sept. 6:
- Montgomery Parks headquarters and permits offices.
- Montgomery Parks information and customer service office.
- Pauline Betz Addie and Wheaton Indoor tennis centers.
- Cabin John Ice Rink and Wheaton Ice Arena (also closed Sept. 4 and 5).
- Josiah Henson Museum and Park.
- Indoor nature facilities buildings are closed, visit calendar for schedule of outdoor programming.
- Meadowside Nature Center building remains closed for renovations.
- Brookside Nature Center building will be closed beginning Sept. 1 for renovations.