Montgomery County Public Libraries Set to Roll Out New Library Catalog Oct. 4
Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) will launch a brand-new online library catalog, Aspen Discovery, on Monday, Oct. 4. MCPL’s online catalog is the tool customers use to explore the collection and find materials they want and need.
“After careful consideration, we made the decision to explore a new catalog that would offer greater customization,” said MCPL Director Anita Vassallo. “One of the most important elements is that features can be modified as MCPL changes and grows.”
The new catalog will allow:
- Seamless integration of MCPL’s physical and digital collections to see all formats of titles
- Creation of usernames and passwords by customers
- Faster, more accurate searches
- Creation of reading lists and reading histories by customers
- Browsing of the collection from a mobile device
- Customers to rate books
“We are excited to implement Aspen Discovery, which will greatly enhance our customers’ experience of using the library and make it even easier for them to discover the many great resources MCPL has to offer,” said James Donaldson, Assistant Director for Collection and Technology.