Per the City of Gaithersburg:
Investigation of Commercial Burglary & Suspicious Situations
City Police & MCFRS are investigating a series of suspicious situations that occurred Oct. 7.
Detectives from the Gaithersburg Police Department– Investigative Section and the Fire & Explosives Investigators from the Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Services (MCFRS) are investigating a series of suspicious situations that occurred this morning (October 7 between 1 & 2 a.m.) in the Gaithersburg & Montgomery Village areas.
Below is the listed series of events that occurred this morning:
- At 1:20 a.m., MCFRS responded to the Montgomery Village Eye Center located at 18310 Montgomery Village Avenue for the report of a fire that is being investigated as an arson.
- At 1:30 a.m., GPD officers responded to the Jewelry Exchange of Maryland located at 501 N. Frederick Avenue in Gaithersburg for a commercial alarm. Upon arriving, suspects entered the business & removed miscellaneous jewelry.
- At 1:30 a.m., MCFRS responded to the 19500 block of Divot Place in Montgomery Village for the report of a shed/fence fire to the rear of the house.
- At 1:35 a.m., MCFRS responded to the 10000 block of Dellcastle Road in Montgomery Village for the report of a garage fire.
- At 1:42 a.m., MCFRS responded to the 100 block of Watkins Station Circle in Gaithersburg for the report of a vehicle fire. The referenced vehicle was a reported stolen car from the Gaithersburg area & is being investigated as an arson.
- At 2:01 a.m., MCFRS responded to the Galanis Center located at 8 E. Diamond Avenue in Gaithersburg for the report of a commercial fire that is being investigated as an arson.
Detectives & Investigators from both the Gaithersburg Police Department & the Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Services are investigating these incidents together. Anyone with information regarding these exterior/outside-type fires or with information about the commercial burglary are asked to contact the Gaithersburg Police – Investigative Section at 301-258-6400 or the Fire & Explosive Investigators at 240-777-2263.