Per the City of Takoma Park: The City of Takoma Park has partnered with LiveStories (FORWARD) to administer $2.1 million in COVID relief funds to the community. This opportunity will provide a one-time $1,000 direct cash assistance to eligible households in the City to assist those negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
LiveStories (FORWARD) is hosting two in-person application events for individuals who do not have access to a computer, smartphone, or internet-enabled device or would like additional assistance.
In-Person Application Events
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Time: 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Takoma Park Maryland Library
7505 New Hampshire Avenue,
Date: Thursday, December 8, 2022
Time: 10:00 am – 1:30 pm
Takoma Park Community Center
7500 Maple Avenue
Get in-person assistance with your application!
Eligibility Requirements and Documents
To qualify for the Direct Cash Assistance payment, individuals need to meet the following criteria:
- Household annual income must be less than $50,000
- Must be located within the boundaries of the City of Takoma Park, Maryland (address cannot be a PO Box or an address that leads to a shipping center as their physical location).
Prospective applicants can document their housing eligibility with the following:
- If your household qualifies for and receives government assistance from SNAP, TANF, WIC, SSI/SSDI, you can upload a copy of the qualification/benefits letter that shows your current address. If you receive benefits from another program that is not listed, you will be able to enter that information for review by City staff.
- You may provide a government photo ID, OR a lease, OR a utility bill, OR a tax document.
Prospective applicants can document their income eligibility with the following:
- If you, or someone in your household, qualifies and receives government assistance from unemployment, SNAP, TANF, WIC, SSI/SSDI, you can upload a copy of the benefits letter and this will automatically meet the eligibility requirement that the household’s annual income is below $50,000.
- You must submit income documents for ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS THAT HAVE INCOME. You may provide tax returns from the previous calendar year, OR paystubs from within the 60 days prior to application submission, OR 60 days of bank statements prior to application submission, OR a combination of the above documents.
Visit the Direct Cash Assistance webpagefor more information on the program.