Montgomery College (MC) is providing a $500 tuition scholarship to Montgomery County residents who are spring 2023 graduates from a Montgomery County high school and are taking at least six MC credit hours this fall. The $500 “Raptor Ready” Scholarship can only be applied to fall 2023 tuition and fees, and the application must be completed by Tuesday, Aug. 1. The first 1,500 eligible applicants will be considered, with others added to a waitlist. Additional information below, courtesy of Montgomery College:
Montgomery College offers a $500 tuition scholarship to help 2023 spring Montgomery County high school graduates jump into their academic program in fall 2023. The $500 scholarship will be applied to fall 2023 tuition and fees at Montgomery College. The program is for spring 2023 Montgomery County high school graduates who are Montgomery County residents who register for and attend at least 6 credit hours at Montgomery College in the fall 2023. The scholarship cannot be used for any other semester.
- Be a spring 2023 Montgomery County high school graduate (through June 2023) and a Montgomery County resident; home school and private high school graduation are included (proof of graduation and residency for all students are required)
- Be admitted to Montgomery College prior to applying for the Raptor Ready Scholarship
- Complete the Raptor Ready Scholarship application online at Raptor Readynew window by August 1, 2023
- Register for and attend 6 credit hours in the fall 2023 semester at Montgomery College (this includes equivalent credit hours, such as developmental classes)
- The first eligible 1,500 applicants will be considered for the scholarship; all others will be placed on a wait list
- Visiting students who are attending other colleges and universities in fall 2023 are not eligible for the scholarship
- A financial aid application (the Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA] or the Maryland State Financial Aid Application [MSFAA]) is not required for this scholarship, but these and the MC Foundation Scholarship applicationnew window are highly recommended for many other available financial aid awards
Selection Process and Awards
- Selection is in order of application date and eligibility determination
- The first eligible 1,500 applicants will be considered for the scholarship and notified of an award; all others will be placed on a wait list
- Students chosen for the awards will be held from the registration delete for nonpayment in fall 2023
- The scholarship amount will be applied to students’ accounts for fall 2023 to pay for tuition and fees after attendance is confirmed
- If funding is available, spring 2024 renewals may be offered to students who complete 6 credit hours in the fall 2023 semester (not including transfer or exam credit)
Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.