Montgomery Parks Offering Outdoor Heated Picnic Spaces
Montgomery Parks is currently offering outdoor picnic areas with fire pits and heaters on select Saturdays this winter.
The “Picnic in the Park: Warm-Up Days” events are scheduled now through the end of March at select Montgomery County parks. The next event will be held at the Germantown Town Center Urban Park on February 20th.
Guests will be provided with firewood, and food can be ordered for delivery from participating local restaurants. Reservations can be made at Active Montgomery.
Moco Eats Picnic in the Park – Warm Up Days
It may be cold outside, but Picnic in the Park is heating up! Chilly days make us crave warm food and a safe place to gather with friends. We’re bringing firepits and patio heaters to the parks for Picnic in the Park Warm–Up Days. Bundle up and join us for a fun winter outing in the parks!
There are two seating choices at Warm–Up Days. Firepits can be reserved for a group of six people or fewer for 90-minutes for $25. A table for two with a patio heater can be reserved for 90-minutes for $10. Firewood is provided as part of your reservation. Staff will be on hand during the reservation to assist with the fire as needed and to ensure it is being properly monitored and extinguished. Masks are required for all guests, when not seated or actively eating and drinking in your reserved area.
Warm–Up Days may be affected by the weather. Attendees will be notified of changes to reservations and refunded for cancellations in the event of inclement weather.
***MAKE YOUR RESERVATION FOR ALL EVENTS NOW***
- Reserve your spot on Active Montgomery
- Then, plan your Picnic in the Park! Check out Visit Montgomery’s MoCo Eats restaurants here
- Pick up your meal and drinks before you arrive or plan to get delivery at the park! We’ll have your warm table waiting. There are limited opportunities, so reserve your space now!
Picnic In the Park Warm-Up Days:
- January 30 at Acorn Urban Park – Activity Code 110546
- February 20 at Germantown Town Center Urban Park – Activity Code 110640
- February 27 at Germantown Town Center Urban Park – Activity Code 110661
- March 20 at Wheaton Local Park – Activity Code 110590
- March 27 at Wheaton Local Park – Activity Code 110616
For all Warm-Up Day events, the first reservation time period is 12 noon to 1:30 pm. The second reservation time period is 2 pm to 3:30 pm.
Rules for Firepit Use
- Ask park staff to reignite or extinguish the firepit. Do not attempt to extinguish the fire.
- Firepit and contents will be extremely hot. Do not touch the fire with your hands, feet, or shoes.
- Do not throw out any garbage, plastic, aluminum or other trash into the fire.
- If embers leave the firepit, do not pick them up. Alert park staff for assistance.
- If there are minors in your party, an adult must be supervising at the firepit.
- If your party leaves the firepit prior to the scheduled end of the reservation, let park staff know and they will tend to your firepit.
Saturday, February 20 at 12:00pm to 1:30am
2:00pm to 3:30am