Per our traffic and public safety reporter, Cordell Pugh, the Wheaton Bus Loop has reinforced concrete pavement instead of asphalt. Project may also include replacing the reinforcing steel (“rebar”) and/or an entirely new subbase (graded and compacted base layer [usually gravel] under the concrete). Concrete work does take longer than asphalt resurfacing. When installed correctly, however, concrete outperforms asphalt pavement, especially under enhanced stress from continuous presence of heavy vehicles (buses etc).
Per WMATA: Advisory Effective: 8/22/22 – 1/22/23
Monday, August 22,2022 | Monday, October 3, 2022
- Temporary bus stop T3, located southbound on Georgia Ave
C2 Greenbelt-Twinbrook (late night trips only) westbound towards Twinbrook
- Temporary bus stop T1, located southbound on Georgia Ave.
Q1, Q2, Q4, Q5, Q6 Viers Mill Rd northbound towards Shady Grove and Rockville
- Temporary bus stop T4, located westbound on Veirs Mill Rd next to the Pedestrian bridge.
Q1, Q2, Q4 Viers Mill Rd southbound towards Silver Spring
- Temporary bus stop T3, located southbound on Georgia Ave.
Ride On 34
- Bus Bay P will be served by buses. While riding Metro, wearing a mask is now optional.