Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) were called to 9300 Heather Field Court near Bonny Brook Lane in Damascus on Tuesday at approximately 5:30pm Tuesday evening for a shed fire that caused collateral heat damage to the house, according to MCFRS Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer.
According to an update provided on Wednesday morning, the area of origin was a 20’ x 40’ garage and the fire was caused by combustibles that were too close to a recently used lawn mower. There was approximately $100K in damages due to the the shed fire that caused collateral heat damage to the house and vehicle. There were no injuries.
Photos were provided to MCFRS by Katie Rehkopf.
Update (~530p 7/19) 9300blk Heather Field Ct, Damascus; Area of Origin, 20’ x 40’ garage; Cause, combustibles too close to heat source, (hot) lawn mower (just used); Total Damage ~$100K (collateral heat damage to house & vehicle); no injuries *Photos thanks to Katie Rehkopf https://t.co/oiL6BMOQmR pic.twitter.com/RJSYKYUdYR
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) July 20, 2022