Vacuum Causes Early Sunday Morning Fire; No Injuries

by MCS Staff

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to a call at approximately 12:30am, just after midnight on Sunday morning, for smoke coming from a two story home on the 700 block of Silver Spring avenue. According to MCFRS Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer, the build of the fire was knocked down on the first floor by 12:50am with firefighters checking for possible extension of the fire.

According to Piringer, there were multiple competent ignition sources, but based upon statements from the occupant of the home and the pattern of the fire, the cause was likely a vacuum cleaner in close proximity to a mattress. The lone occupant of the home was able to get out safely and the home incurred approximately $100K worth of damages. The resident will be temporarily displaced. Additional photos below courtesy of MCFRS.

'

You may also like

Leave a Comment

'

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy